Trump forced to extend ceasefire with Iran
Kathmandu. US President Donald Trump has been forced to extend the ceasefire period in Iran. The 14-day ceasefire on March 7 was ending on Wednesday. A few hours before the end of the ceasefire period, Trump announced that it has been extended indefinitely through his social media platform Truth Social.
Trump has made it clear that the blockade of Iranian ports will continue until Tehran submits a unified resolution. Earlier this week, the future of the US-Iran talks was in doubt as the ceasefire expired. "I have directed our forces to continue the blockade and to remain ready in all other respects," Trump wrote on social media, adding that the ceasefire will be extended until their proposals are presented and negotiations are concluded.
Earlier, Trump said that he will not extend the ceasefire period. He warned that a long-term agreement should be reached within the 14-day ceasefire period, otherwise Iran's energy infrastructure and bridges would be destroyed.
Express
Related News
Sheikh Hasina's son's claim: After the upcoming elections in Bangladesh, there will be a threat to India
Kathmandu. Sajeev Wajed, the son of Bangladesh's ousted Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, has expressed his suspicion that the general election to be held on February 12 will be rigged. He, who is in the US, said on Monday evening during a book review...
Israel declares state of emergency after Iranian attack injures 88 people
Kathmandu. The Iranian missile attack on the southern city of Arad in Israel has caused great damage. According to the local fire department, the missile fell in the center of the city, causing extensive damage to the city center and surrounding r...
Around-the-clock automated machines in Japan in crisis
Kathmandu. The well-known 'vending machine' culture seen in Japan's streets and tourist areas is now facing a serious challenge. The rise in prices around the world has also badly affected this automated retail business in Japan.
These machi...
The US Pentagon's extensive military preparations for the deployment of ground forces in Iran
Kathmandu. The US Department of Defense, the Pentagon, has prepared comprehensive strategies for the possible deployment of ground forces in Iran. Citing various sources, according to CBS News, in view of the possibility of US President Donald Tru...
Warning of closure of Bab al-Mandeb, threat of biggest maritime crisis in history
Kathmandu. The ongoing war between Iran and the US Israel has reached a point where the entire world economy is at risk. Amid reports that the Strait of Hormuz in the Gulf region has already been closed, Yemen's Houthi rebels have now threatened t...
Pakistan Prime Minister Saudi Arabia and Army Chief visit Iran: Efforts for peace talks
Kathmandu. Pakistan's Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has reached Saudi Arabia and Army Chief Asim Munir has reached Iran. International media reported that it was seen as a preparation for a possible new phase of restarting the peace talks between...



