August 19, 2026, Wednesday
English

Trump forced to extend ceasefire with Iran

Main News Image

Kathmandu. US President Donald Trump has been forced to extend the ceasefire period in Iran. The 14-day ceasefire on March 7 was ending on Wednesday. A few hours before the end of the ceasefire period, Trump announced that it has been extended indefinitely through his social media platform Truth Social.

Trump has made it clear that the blockade of Iranian ports will continue until Tehran submits a unified resolution. Earlier this week, the future of the US-Iran talks was in doubt as the ceasefire expired. "I have directed our forces to continue the blockade and to remain ready in all other respects," Trump wrote on social media, adding that the ceasefire will be extended until their proposals are presented and negotiations are concluded.

Earlier, Trump said that he will not extend the ceasefire period. He warned that a long-term agreement should be reached within the 14-day ceasefire period, otherwise Iran's energy infrastructure and bridges would be destroyed.

mediabaaji add

Related News

Security is tight at Jantar Mantar today, 16 metro stations of Delhi are closed

Kathmandu. Demonstration organized by cockroach Janata Party CJP in Delhi continues today. According to Hindustan Times, the protestors gathered from early morning on Thursday in the demonstration which started from Monday. A large number of polic...

Telephone conversation between the presidents of Iran and Russia

Kathmandu. Russian President Vladimir Putin and Iranian President Masoud Pezheshkian had a telephone conversation. It is said that the talks focused on the ongoing conflict in the Middle East region. During the conversation on Tuesday night, Putin...

The death toll in the Sydney shooting has reached 16

Kathmandu. The death toll in the shooting at Bondi Beach in Sydney has reached 16. A father and son have been identified as the attackers, according to the police. Police in the state of New South Wales have confirmed...

Meta calls for Australia's under-16 social media ban to be reconsidered

Kathmandu. META called on Australia on Monday to reconsider the world's first ban on social media for under-16s. Meanwhile, according to the new law, the company has blocked more than 544,000 accounts.

Since December 10 last year, Australia...

Trump Administration Fires Army Chief, Attorney General Amid Iran Tensions

Kathmandu. The Donald Trump-led US administration has seen widespread turmoil amid rising tensions with Iran and domestic political pressure. According to American media, Trump has intensified the 'cleansing' campaign within the administration. As...

2.3 million civilians in Afghanistan need humanitarian assistance

Kathmandu. According to the latest report published by the United Nations Children's Fund, UNICEF, last year, about 2.2 million nine thousand citizens felt the need for humanitarian assistance in Afghanistan. About 1.2 million of them are children...