August 18, 2026, Tuesday
English

Trump forced to extend ceasefire with Iran

Main News Image

Kathmandu. US President Donald Trump has been forced to extend the ceasefire period in Iran. The 14-day ceasefire on March 7 was ending on Wednesday. A few hours before the end of the ceasefire period, Trump announced that it has been extended indefinitely through his social media platform Truth Social.

Trump has made it clear that the blockade of Iranian ports will continue until Tehran submits a unified resolution. Earlier this week, the future of the US-Iran talks was in doubt as the ceasefire expired. "I have directed our forces to continue the blockade and to remain ready in all other respects," Trump wrote on social media, adding that the ceasefire will be extended until their proposals are presented and negotiations are concluded.

Earlier, Trump said that he will not extend the ceasefire period. He warned that a long-term agreement should be reached within the 14-day ceasefire period, otherwise Iran's energy infrastructure and bridges would be destroyed.

mediabaaji add

Related News

7.4 magnitude earthquake in Colombia: 132 dead

Kathmandu.  16 passengers who were trapped in the cable car aerial cable car due to the powerful earthquake that occurred in the city of Pereira in western Colombia on Monday morning have been safely rescued after about 6 hours.

Accordn...

Former IRGC commander Mohsen Rezai appointed as Iran's top security chief

Kathmandu. Iran's Supreme Leader Mujtava Khamenei has appointed former IRGC chief Mohsen Rezaei as the secretary of the country's highest security post, the Supreme National Security Council. Along with being appointed to this post, Rezai will als...

Trump's warning that NATO's future could be "very bad" if it does not help to open Hormuz

Kathmandu. US President Donald Trump has warned that it could be "very bad" for the future of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) if European countries do not help open the Strait of Hormuz. Trump said this in an interview given to the F...

Violent clashes in Pakistan's Balochistan, 129 dead

Kathmandu. Violent clashes have taken place in different parts of Pakistan's Balochistan. Security forces on Saturday foiled serial and coordinated attacks carried out by separatist gunmen at various locations in Balochistan.

It is said that...

Iran-US peace talks inconclusive

Kathmandu. The 21-hour long high-level peace talks between the US and Iran in Pakistan have been inconclusive. The international media quoted the statement of the American Vice President JD Vance that the American team is now preparing to leave Pa...

250 missing in Indian Ocean boat accident

Kathmandu. About 250 people have gone missing when a boat on its way from Bangladesh to Malaysia crashed in the Andaman Sea on the eastern coast of the Indian Ocean. According to the United Nations Refugee and Migration Agency, Rohingya and Bangla...