August 18, 2026, Tuesday
English

Trump forced to extend ceasefire with Iran

Main News Image

Kathmandu. US President Donald Trump has been forced to extend the ceasefire period in Iran. The 14-day ceasefire on March 7 was ending on Wednesday. A few hours before the end of the ceasefire period, Trump announced that it has been extended indefinitely through his social media platform Truth Social.

Trump has made it clear that the blockade of Iranian ports will continue until Tehran submits a unified resolution. Earlier this week, the future of the US-Iran talks was in doubt as the ceasefire expired. "I have directed our forces to continue the blockade and to remain ready in all other respects," Trump wrote on social media, adding that the ceasefire will be extended until their proposals are presented and negotiations are concluded.

Earlier, Trump said that he will not extend the ceasefire period. He warned that a long-term agreement should be reached within the 14-day ceasefire period, otherwise Iran's energy infrastructure and bridges would be destroyed.

mediabaaji add

Related News

US President Trump has increased the tariff again

Kathmandu. US President Donald Trump has announced that he will again increase tariffs on his trading partners. The US Supreme Court on Friday overturned Trump's 10 percent tariffs on all trading partners and additional tariffs on key competitors...

American citizens released from Iran

Kathmandu. US President Donald Trump has informed that an American citizen detained by Iran since December 2024 has been released and allowed to leave the country. According to him, the woman is now safely out of Iran and her health condition is a...

Sheikh Hasina's son's claim: After the upcoming elections in Bangladesh, there will be a threat to India

Kathmandu. Sajeev Wajed, the son of Bangladesh's ousted Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, has expressed his suspicion that the general election to be held on February 12 will be rigged. He, who is in the US, said on Monday evening during a book review...

After the ballistic missile launch, the world's attention is back on North Korea

Kathmandu. After North Korea launched several short-range ballistic missiles aimed at the sea on Sunday, tensions have flared up again on the Korean Peninsula. The United Nations nuclear watchdog has warned that Pyongyang has made "very serious" p...

Iran fires new missiles at Israel

Kathmandu. As the ongoing conflict in the Middle East is becoming more fierce, a new missile attack has been launched by Iran on Israel, which has given an indication that the global impact is deepening, not just regionally. The attack came just h...

EU withdraws proposed ban on petrol and diesel cars, strongly criticized by Spain's prime minister

Kathmandu. The European Union has backtracked on its previous decision to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars from 2035. The Prime Minister of Spain, Pedro Sanchez, strongly criticized this step and termed it as a historical mistake. Speaki...