August 22, 2026, Saturday
English

As Trump's "Hormuz Ultimatum" approaches, there is no sign of Iran's agreement

Main News Image

Kathmandu. US President Donald Trump has repeatedly set deadlines, presented demands and issued threats during the five-week US-Israeli war against Iran. But rarely were they so clear. A new round of attacks against Iran will be devastating. That Tuesday will start at 20:00 Washington DC time 9:00 GMT on Wednesday. Within four hours, every bridge and power plant in the country will be "destroyed".

"Very little is off limits," Trump said Monday. According to him, to avoid such a fate, Iran should make an agreement "acceptable to it" and that agreement should also include the provision of "unimpeded transportation of oil" through the Strait of Hormuz. As the final hours pass, there is little sign that Iran is ready to agree to Trump's deadline. They have rejected a temporary ceasefire and issued a list of their demands. A US official called the demands "extremist". This has troubled the US President. If no deal is reached, Trump could extend his deadline for the fourth time in three weeks.

mediabaaji add

Related News

Putin says - Europe has shown the will, cooperation in oil and gas supply is possible

Moscow. Russian President Vladimir Putin has said that Russia is ready to cooperate in oil and natural gas supply if European countries give a clear and positive signal for cooperation. He expressed the opinion that long-term, stable and cooperati...

2.3 million civilians in Afghanistan need humanitarian assistance

Kathmandu. According to the latest report published by the United Nations Children's Fund, UNICEF, last year, about 2.2 million nine thousand citizens felt the need for humanitarian assistance in Afghanistan. About 1.2 million of them are children...

Netanyahu ordered talks to end tensions with Lebanon

Kathmandu. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has instructed his officials to continue negotiations with Lebanon to resolve the ongoing conflict and border dispute. This step was taken after the threat of regional war increased due to the i...

After Trump's threat to impose tariffs, China gave this answer

Kathmandu. China has denied the allegations of supplying weapons to Iran as baseless and malicious. Amid US warnings and international media reports, Beijing reiterated its claim that it is a country that follows responsible export policies.

Middle East conflict exacerbates oil supply crisis and international tensions

Kathmandu. Iran on Saturday requested the evacuation of Jebel Ali, the busiest port in the Middle East, and two other ports in the UAE. According to Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi, the US has claimed that it attacked Kharg Island and Abu...

Telephone conversation between the presidents of Iran and Russia

Kathmandu. Russian President Vladimir Putin and Iranian President Masoud Pezheshkian had a telephone conversation. It is said that the talks focused on the ongoing conflict in the Middle East region. During the conversation on Tuesday night, Putin...