August 22, 2026, Saturday
English

164 candidates withdrew their names from the proportional list

Main News Image

Kathmandu. 164 people in the proportional candidate list of different political parties have withdrawn their candidature. According to Election Commission Information Officer Suman Ghimire, 164 people have withdrawn their names. The commission has asked the concerned party to send another name instead of the withdrawn one 

According to commission sources, 78 people from the Democratic Socialist Party have withdrawn their candidature. 21 people from Janata Samajwadi Party Nepal have also withdrawn their names. Since these two parties have united, the candidate of LOSPA has been withdrawn and included in the list of JSP.

20 candidates of Janmat Party have withdrawn their names. 12 people from Rashtriya Prajatantra Party and 6 people from Janadesh Party Nepal have withdrawn their candidature.

mediabaaji add

Related News

Congress Central Working Committee meeting continues today

Kathmandu. The meeting of the Nepali Congress Central Working Committee is also being held on Saturday. The meeting, which started on October 28th, will be held at the party office, Sanepa, on Saturday at 1 pm. So far in the meeting, the leaders a...

Prachanda's question: Was it necessary to fire at that level in Kaptangunj?

Kathmandu. Former Prime Minister and Nepali Communist Party Coordinator Pushpa Kamal Dahal 'Prachanda' has said that the current political and security situation in the country is not easy.

Speaking at the Thursday meeting of the House of Re...

There is no doubt about the intention of the government, if there is a problem in the decision, it can be corrected: Ravi Lamichhane

Kathmandu. Ravi Lamichhane, chairman of the Rashtriya Swatantra Party RSVP, has said that he has no doubts about the intentions of the current government. During the interaction with the party leaders and workers in Rautahat on Friday, Chairman La...

Bomb disposal found in candidate's car, four people with candidate in police custody

Kathmandu. An arms case will be held against the CPN candidate of Parsa-2, Manoj Chaudhary, who was found with explosives. DSP Hari Basnet, District Police, Parsa, said that the bomb found in the vehicle he was riding in last night had been dispos...

After two decades of the peace agreement, still victims of justice

Kathmandu. It has been two decades since the peace agreement between the government of Nepal and the then rebel CPN-Maoist. A decade-long armed conflict came to an end after the comprehensive peace agreement signed on...

The Commission's proposal to hold local level and state assembly elections simultaneously

Kathmandu. Acting Chief Commissioner of Election Commission Ram Prasad Bhandari has said that it is necessary to hold the election of local level and state assembly members at the same time. Speaking at the certificate distribution program to the...